On this week’s episode of RV Family Travel Atlas, we are taking you to the Low Country and sharing all the details of our amazing trip to Charleston, South Carolina. This region has a dreamy combination of outdoor activities and urban culture, all set against a fascinating historical backdrop.
Now we are giving you the run down of everything else in this top RV destination: beaches, markets, tours, forts, and plantations, plus all the planning resources you need.
You might think RVing is about getting as far away from the city as possible. But we know that urban areas are some of the best RV destinations out there.
~Important Save the Dates from the News Roundup:
- RVFTA Fall Rallies will be held in New Jersey and in Missouri from October 21st-23rd
- We will be attending the Florida RV Supershow from January 18th-22nd. We will be camping at the Fairgrounds and would love you to join us!
~Forum Thread of the Week: Thematic Trip Ideas
~Tours reviewed on Episode #87:
- Palmetto Carriage Works
- Charleston Pirate Tours
- Old Exchange Building and Provost Dungeon
- Charleston’s Historical House Museums
- Charleston Culinary Tours (I did the Upper King Street Tour)
~Forts, Plantations, and Beaches discussed on Episode #87:
~All the restaurants reviewed on Episode #87 can be found in this blog post.
~Books and Planning Resources mentioned in Episode #87:
- Good Night Charleston
- Good Night South Carolina
- Moon Guide to Coastal Carolinas
- Moon Guide to Charleston and Savannah
- Wildsam Field Guides: Charleston
- Short History of Charleston, Rober Rosen
Thanks so much to our sponsors for supporting weekly RV content!