On this episode of RV Family Travel Atlas, we are talking about Class B motorhomes, one of the fastest growing segments of the RV industry. The small foot print might scare away a lot of buyers, but driving comfort and flexibility are huge draws.
Segment One: Pros and Cons of the Class B RV
In Segment One, we talk about the pros and cons of the Class B that you might want to consider if you are in the market for a small motorhome. Here are some of the issues we discuss.
- Drive and park the RV like a regular van
- Easy and comfortable to drive
- Additional uses: tail gating, day trips, sporting events
- Easy to store/HOA complaint
- Cutting edge technology
- More options for bike/kayak racks
- Tow Capacity
- Space. (Yup, they’re small)
- Limited floor plans
- Destination exploration
- Smaller tanks
Segment Two: Moving from a Towable to a Class B RV
In Segment Two, we are sharing the story of two listeners who recently moved from a hybrid travel trailer to a PleasureWay Class B motorhome, pictured above. John and Kathy have been camping for decades, so they know what what experience they are looking for at the campground. They gave us a great rundown of the things they LOVE about owning a Class B after decades of sleeping in tent ends.
They also share some of the features that they are still getting used to, like leveling and exploring a region after hooking up the RV.
Segment Three: Russ Garfin, Product Manager for Winnebago
In Segment Three we have a great interview with Russ Garfin, Product Manager for Winnebago and expert on small motorized RVs. He walks us through everything a shopper should consider when deciding on a Class B. We talk chassis, motors, and floor plans. Then Russ discusses the three awesome lines that Winnebago is currently manufacturing.
New Round Up Topics
Here are links to the other topics mentioned in our News Round Up:
- Join us over on Facebook in our brand new RVFTA: The Group! Remember folks, this is a NO CRANKS ALLOWED group, so if you want to argue about trucks, there are plenty of other placed to do that.
- Please help us raise the money for donating a travel trailer to the Tents for Troops organization. Our goal is $10,000 and we are over halfway there. You can donate here.
We love to hear from all our Class B owners. What do you love about your Class B motorhome? What do you struggle with?
Thanks to our sponsors for supporting weekly content for all our RV fools…
See you at the campground!
Stephanie + Jeremy