On this week’s episode of RV Family Travel Atlas, we are talking about the first stop on our Great Smoky Mountains Summer Tour. We started our explorations at the Cherokee KOA, on the North Carolina side of our country’s most visited national park.
Listen to hear about our favorite park attractions and hikes that are easily accessed from the North Carolina side of the Great Smoky Mountains. We will talk about…
- The Oconaluftee Visitor Center
- The Mountain Farm Community
- The Oconaluftee River Trail
- The Three Waterfalls Trail at Deep Creek Campground and Picnic Area (outside of Bryson City)
- The Kephart Prong Trail (in the running for favorite family hike ever!)
We also talk about all the things that make Great Smoky Mountains National Park a great place for hiking with young kids.
And we give a complete review of the Cherokee KOA, which offers resort-like amenities with 360-degree views of the beautiful Smokies. It was a challenge to drag our boys away for even a short time from the pool, hot tub, water slide, tubing, and bounce pillow. It is a miracle we even made it into the National Park!
We are on the RVFTA Summer Road Trip and you are listening to Episode #43: Greetings from the Great Smoky Mountains, North Carolina!