On this week’s episode we review our favorite place to camp close to home…Turkey Swamp Park Campground in Freehold, New Jersey.
This county park campground is located in the hub of central New Jersey, but it feels miles away from anything with its large, wooded sites and remote atmosphere.
Although tucked away, it is within driving distance of some of the best Jersey Shore beach towns and attractions. Listen to hear as these resident Jersey Shore locals describe everything you need to know about this campground and the surrounding region.
We describe the best area beaches:
Popular area attractions and shopping:
- Manasquan Reservoir
- Six Flags Great Adventure
- Pier Village
- Jenkinson’s Boardwalk and Aquarium
- LL Bean
- New Jersey Wine Trail
- Strollo’s, near Seven President’s Park
- The Turning Point in Pier Village
- Moonstruck in Asbury Park
- Shore Fresh Seafood Market in Point Pleasant Beach
- The Scone Pony in Spring Lake
What are your favorite places to visit when vacationing on the Jersey Shore? Add your personal recommendations in the comments below.
See you at the campground!